Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mushrooms


Remember a while back when I was getting frustrated with my mushroom kit? Well I contacted the company, and saw a representative at the Boston Flower & Garden show and it turns out I was doing something wrong! When I opened the shipping box there was a page of instructions, that I followed to a T. However, apparently the box of the kit itself opened in ways I would not have guessed and inside that were a spray bottle and more instructions. Those instructions told me to submerge the entire bag in water for 24 hours to soak it, then start spraying.

I did that and look what happened!! One giant mushroom and a few smaller ones. We actually harvested these last weekend and had them on pizza one night. Delicious! My first harvest of the year!!!

6 comments:

  1. Something tells me that they need to redesign their packaging if it's that easy to miss the inside set of instructions!

    What kind of mushrooms are those? They look crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, looks totally alien - a delicious alien!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know, i saw on the box that it was supposed to include a spray bottle, and i swear i looked EVERYWHERE for it (save for opening up the plastic bag and digging to the center of the mycelium block) and i never found it! i just used a regular spray bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never thought of growing mushrooms! Congratulations on your pizza harvest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the company needs to do a redesign..yup. Glad you got some mushrooms though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all that fungi growing I can't imagine you have mush-room in your house anymore!

    ReplyDelete