Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cooking


In addition to gardening, I love cooking. Well I guess the truth is J loves cooking and I love baking. It doesn't surprise me that gardeners and chefs tend to be either the same people or run in the same crowds. Our biggest reason for joining a CSA last year and for starting our own container gardens this year was that we love to eat delicious food and the most delicious food comes from homegrown, super-ripe food.

We're pretty addicted to America's Test Kitchen and all of their related tv shows, websites, magazines and cookbooks. J got ambitious and decided to try an episode for Peruvian chicken that required us to buy equipment. But it was delicious! And doesn't it look impressive?

I'm planning to try posting more about our cooking adventures, especially once we have our own produce to cook with!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it's slathered in peanut butter. Is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually covered in a peruvian sauce. I'd like to say I know what it was, but I think I was taking a nap while J made it. Olive oil, mint, lime, spices and something else.

    ReplyDelete