Saturday, March 19, 2011

Death of a Pineapple

Do you remember when I decided to start a pineapple from a fruit I bought at the store?

I followed the directions and started planning what recipe I'd use my delicious pineapple for.

Unfortunately I went to check on it the other day and made a sad discovery.
I'm fairly certain that white mold is never a good sign for a pineapple - or any plant really.

I'll make the sacrifice and buy another pineapple and this time I'll try planting it in the soil instead of the water.

Has anyone else tried planting a pineapple this way?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry never tried planting in water before only soil. I am growing in Mediteranean climate but we have very hot summer sometime 40+degree celcius. I tried to grow pineapple 2 summer ago and it still has not fruited. It did not die during winter even I left it outside but it look just the same since I put the top into the soil. Never grow big. Hope you have more luck growing them.

    ReplyDelete