Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Uh-oh... Seed Catalog


The hydroponic experiment went so well we decided to venture into other food producing plants. I did some research on seed and seedling companies and finally went with Peaceful Valley out of California. Normally I’d prefer to buy from a more local company, but I was impressed with Peaceful Valley’s selection of organic and heirloom products, their customer service and their prices.

Seed catalogs are dangerous things for people looking into starting a garden. Especially in January with the snow coming down, the temperatures plummeting and some pretty serious cabin fever starting to set in. I tried to reign myself in, but I ended up buying a lot of seeds. Lots and lots of seeds. After ordering, came the long wait for them to arrive from California.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those pictures are beautiful. Those would be enough incentive for me to buy their seeds.

    ReplyDelete