Sunday, February 13, 2011

Garden Center


Gayla over on You Grow Girl has a great blog. I loved her book Grow Great Grub, so I guess it makes sense I'd like her blog.


She had a post about her lithops seedlings. I'd never heard of Lithops so of course I had to check it out. They're amazing little succulents that look like rocks and then bloom. The "rocks" are actually the leaves.


So of course now I want to try my hand at succulents. An Ebay seller was recommended and I think I'm going to buy some seeds, but that means I needed the correct soil which meant a trip to the garden center. Such a dangerous place.
I found some amazing examples of succulents, but I'm hooked on the feeling of planting and then seeing a seedling, so I'll let you know what I buy and plant!

3 comments:

  1. Succulents are addictive...partially because they're usually so tiny and adorable when you first get them! You should try growing some cacti from seeds. It's a fun and interesting process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started looking at Lithops on ebay as well...those same red-purple ones in fact. I love succulents, but don't have many at the moment :/

    ReplyDelete